It’s taken me a full month to digest the seemingly innocuous Top Ten Tuesday prompt villains. (Please don’t ask why because I just don’t know.) Very few books I read have capital-V Villains, and I became bored scrolling through Goodreads trying to think of more than a handful or any one type. Since it’s so chilly/borderline cold in New England now AND it gets pitch black by four-thirty, I thought I’d explore creepy, chills-down-your-spine atmospheric thrillers instead — because sometimes a place itself can be the scariest thing.
- The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
- Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl
- Spill Zone by Scott Westerfeld
- What Should Be Wild by Julia Fine
- The Witch of Willow Hall by Hester Fox
Do you have your own favorite atmospheric thrillers? Let me know! To see previous topics, click here.