Are y’all even surprised by this?? 😁 I was lucky enough to see Hamilton on Broadway but never got to see the show with the original cast. The film was basically everything I wanted, and it has seriously reignited my obsession. If you can find a friend with Disney+ (or subscribe to it yourself), make some time to watch this!
Books I Read
The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton, ★★★★
One to Watch by Kate Stayman-London, ★★★★★
The Spanish Flu Epidemic and Its Influence on History by Jaime Breitnauer, ★
See my 2020 reading goal post for more info!
- Book Blog Discussion Challenge: 0 posts this month & 0 posts total → 0% complete
- PopSugar Reading Challenge: 3 tasks this month & 14 tasks total → 28% complete
- Prompt: Title
- Read Harder Challenge: 0 tasks this month & 3 tasks total → 12% complete
- #StartOnYourShelfathon: 0 books read this month & 2 books total → 13% complete
- Year of Asian Reading Challenge: 0 books read this month & 0 books total → 0% complete
Stuff I Added to My Queue
The Heart and Other Monsters is part memoir, part socio-cultural study, and part true crime.
Ooooh, another contemporary romcom? How can I resist thee, How to Fail at Flirting?
I love the cover of The Midnight Library and I also love the summary.
A More Perfect Reunion won’t be a book I devour in one sitting, but it’s still something I need to read.
Everything about Parachutes‘ copy makes me want to read the book!
An own-voices essay collection on “the richness and resilience of black girl culture”? Yes please, This Is Major.
We Keep the Dead Close is billed as a true crime memoir and also sounds fantastic.
- Ari gave readalikes for Parachutes (backlist bump to her recs for Of Curses and Kisses!)
- C.G. listed five things she wants to see more of in disabled ya and gave tips on how to support diverse books
- Destiny reviewed Take a Hint, Dani Brown and reminded me that sometimes I just love when bloggers gush about a favorite book
- Gabby reviewed Sloppy Firsts and made me want to re-read it asap!
- Kate gave tips on how she balances blogging and working from home
- Marie explained why trigger warnings matter to her
- May compiled over 50 queer POC own voices books
What were YOU up to in June and July? Let me know!