Have I listened to music besides Megan Thee Stallion and Beyoncé’s “Savage (Remix)“? Yes. Do any of those songs matter? No.
This song has consumed me. I listen to it while working out, in the car with the windows door, and while scaring my cat with my dance moves. I pretend I can rap like Beyoncé and twerk like Megan.
If I do say so myself (and I do), it’s even a little bit better than the original.
Books I Read
See my 2020 reading goal post for more info!
- Book Blog Discussion Challenge: 0 posts this month & 0 posts total → 0% complete
- PopSugar Reading Challenge: 3 tasks this month & 11 tasks total → 22% complete
- By a WOC: Lakewood
- By a trans or nonbinary author: Something to Talk About
- Has a book on the cover: Undercover Bromance
- Read Harder Challenge: 1 task this month & 3 tasks total → 12% complete
- Debut novel by a queer author: Something to Talk About
- #StartOnYourShelfathon: 0 books read this month & 2 books total → 13% complete
- Year of Asian Reading Challenge: 0 books read this month & 0 books total → 0% complete
Stuff I Added to My Queue
18 Tiny Deaths: Gilded Age woman revolutionizes forensic science with miniatures!
After racing through Undercover Bromance, of course I had to add the third book in the series, Crazy Stupid Bromance!
Oh, another contemporary romance? Shhh.
I finally jumped on the My Dark Vanessa train. 🤷♀️
Books about or tangentially related to the AIDs crisis always peak my interest, hence The Prettiest Star. (Can someone explain this?)
A Daniel Mallory Ortberg essay collection? Yes please.
The summary of Weird but Normal just speaks to me, okay? “Navigating racial identity, gender roles, workplace dynamics, and beauty standards, Mia Mercado’s hilarious essay collection explores the contradictions of being a millennial woman and unpacks what it means to be a professional, absurdly beautiful, horny, cute, gross human.”
Loathe at First Sight was already on my tbr, so I was extra excited to get an earc!
I read the summary for The Roommate and, like, tripped over myself to request it.
A meet cute with dogs? Absolutely, You Lucky Dog!
- I adopted a cat! Her name is Kelly Catpowski and she’s adorable, thank you very much
- Chana gave great reasons on why people should read book blogs
- Hannah reviewed The Happy Ever After Playlist
- Kate listed her favorite fictional friendships (that don’t exist)
- Nyx on five novels she’d love to see get adapted
What were YOU up to in May? Let me know!