Hello, hello, hello! I’ve been in another hella reading slump, so what better time to look back on a pretty great year in lieu of posting reviews?
- Read 39 books ✔️ → see Goodreads Challenge
- Reach an 80% approval rating on NetGalley ❌→ I started the year at 48%, but only made it to 68%
- Post 2-3 times per week ✔️ → technically, I failed this with either a 66% (3x/week) or a 99% (2x/week) success rate, but I posted 103 times last year and it’s my blog so I’m rounding up
- Average 100 views per month ✔️ → I actually averaged 250 views per month!
- Post 3 videos per month ❌ → lol… just fail
- Reach 50 subscribers ❌ → I started the year at 15, but only made it to 38 before I stopped posting videos
I freaking slayed this, y’all. My goal was to read 39 books.
Progress: 50/39 (128%) ✔️
Year of the Asian Reading Challenge
The Year of the Asian Reading Challenge was hosted by CW at The Quiet Pond, Lily at Sprinkles of Dreams, Shealea at Shut up Shealea, and Vicky at Vicky Who Reads. My goal was to read 10 books (Philippine tarsier).
Progress: 10/10 (100%) ✔️
- All You Can Ever Know by Nicole Chung: ★★★★
- American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang: ★★★★
- Fake It Till You Break It by Jenn P. Nguyen: ★
- Here and Now and Then by Mike Chen: ★½
- Internment by Samira Ahmed: ★★★★
- Permanent Record by Mary H.K. Choi: ★★★½
- A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki: ★
- Trick Mirror: Reflections on Self Delusion: ★★★★★
- We Gon’ Be Alright: Notes on Race and Resegregation by Jeff Chang: ★★★
- Woman World by Aminder Dhaliwal: ★★★★
Book Blog Discussion Challenge
The Book Blog Discussion Challenge was hosted by Nicole at Feed Your Fiction Addiction and Shannon at It Starts at Midnight. My goal was to post 11 discussions (Creative Conversationalist).
Progress: 6/11 (55%) ❌
How did you do on your 2019 goals?