I read a couple of great books last month—The Unhoneymooners and Star-Crossed come to mind—but it was Avengers: Endgame that hit me the most. I remember watching all of the MCU movies that had been released by 2012 so that I could see The Avengers in theaters, and I’ve seen every MCU movie since. I knew going into Endgame that I was going to be emotional, but I legitimately cried multiple times and was pretty much a wreck for the rest of the day. It wasn’t a perfect film, but it was still exactly what I wanted.
Stuff I Added to My Queue
Arcs I picked up at BEA…
- Whose Story Is This? Old Conflicts, New Chapters
- We Are Lost and Found
- Frankly in Love
- The Grace Year
- The Bookwanderers
- Scars like Wings
- 10 Blind Dates
- The Last True Poets of the Sea
- The Best at It
While at BEA, I also snagged an arc of The Magicians: Alice’s Story, a completed (and signed!) copy of Well-Read Black Girl: Finding Our Stories, Discovering Ourselves, and added Rebel Girls—which I saw on the show floor but wasn’t able to take home.
- Marie posted five reasons why she keeps writing book reviews
- The cons (and pros) of tagging authors in negative reviews continues…
- Chelsea listed 25 middle-grade books by black authors on Book Riot
What were YOU up to in May? Let me know!