“Five Favorite” is a feature on thewasofshall where I lay out my five favorite “x”. Sometimes they’re relevant to a season or holiday, mostly they’re not. It’s an all-around fun excuse to give my 100% amazingly awesome opinion. To see previous topics, click here.
School is in full swing right now, and there’s nothing more academic than the boarding school novel. Say, Rach, what makes a novel a “boarding school novel”? Well, dear reader, a majority of the whole dang book is set at school and, ho hey, the main characters live there, too. Here are my five favorite.
- the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- the Gemma Doyle series by Libba Bray
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
Have your own five favorite boarding school novels? Let me know!